Sharing a RasterPlus print driver with an Apple Macintosh OS10 client
RasterPlus installs PostScript print drivers that can be accessed and shared like any other Windows print driver. Here are some tips on sharing a print driver for use on a Macintosh client running OS10.
The following steps assume that you have:
- Enabled Printer and Folder sharing on your Windows PC
- Installed RasterPlus
- Created a RasterPlus Queue
- Successfully printed to your device from a Windows application running on the machine on which RasterPlus is installed.
- Set the Queue Default Transform to None in the RasterPlus queue.
The following steps also assume that you are sharing from Windows XP Pro to OS 10.4.
You may need to adjust the steps if you are using a different Windows OS or a different Mac OS. The steps show Windows Workgroup printer sharing – you may need to modify these steps if you are using a different type of network topology.
Step 1: Share your Windows Printer driver
1. Do Start...Printing and Faxes from the Start Menu
2. Right click on the RasterPlus printer and select Sharing...
3. Click the Sharing tab and click Share this printer. Give the printer a friendly name(preferably 8 characters or fewer)
4. Click OK.
Step 2: Share the CrossPlatform Folder
1. Browse to the RasterPlus application folder in Windows Explorer
(usually C:\program files\graphx\rasterplus )
2. Right click on the
c:\program files\graphx\rasterplus).CrossPlatform folder and select Sharing and Security...3. Click the Sharing tab, then check Share this Folder... and Allow network users...
4. Click OK
Step 3: Add the RasterPlus shared printer to your Mac
1. Do ... System Preferences on the MAC
2. Click Print & Fax
3. Click to add a printer.
4. Click More Printers...on the Printer Browser dialog
5. Select Windows Printing and Network Neighborhood
6. Choose the Workgroup in which the RasterPlus PC is a member, then choose the PC on which RasterPlus resides. You may need to enter a name and password to authenticate when connecting to the RasterPlus machine.
Be sure to enter your name and password when prompted – the Mac will allow you to continue without authentication, but you will get printing errors if you don't authenticate!
7. Once you've reached the Windows PC which is hosting the RasterPlus printer, you'll see it in the Printer Browser.
8. Select the shared printer and select Other... as the Printer Model
9. Browse to the CrossPlatform/MAC folder on the RasterPlus PC and select the associated RasterPlus printer PPD file.Add.OK.
10. Click Add.
You are now ready to print to your RasterPlus printer from your Apple Macintosh!