The Kiosk error "Can't find server.xml file" indicates that the file containing account information, product, pricing, etc., was not found. Since this file was not found the display associated with order products is corrupted and products are unavailable.
What to do.
- Select the kiosk account
- Open the Account Properties
- Click on the xConnect Tab
- Verify the Polling Folder
- Close the Account Properties
- Republish Products, .....
Photogize Kiosk PC
- Start Photogize Kiosk
- If the "Can't find server.xml file" error does not display order processing can begin.
- Skip the remaining steps.
- Click on the Key in the lower left of the screen to display the Kiosk Admin
- Click on the Configure Kiosk button
- Click on the General tab
- The xConnect Folder is the folder that should contain the Server.xml file
- Verify that this folder is accessing the same location as the folder designated as the Polling Folder in Photogize Lab.
NOTE: The name may be different between the PCs but the location still must be the same
- Close the Kiosk Software
- Using "My Computer" navigate to the xConnect Folder
- If you can't navigate to the folder the is a problem with your LAN.
Correct this problem and restart this process at the beginning of the Kiosk steps.
- Open the xConnect Folder
- Verify the existence of the Server.xml file
If the file is missing the folder locations defined in Photogize Lab and Photogize Kiosk are not the same.
Respecify the folder locations and restart this process at the beginning of the Photogize Lab steps.
- Restart the Kiosk software
- Begin submitting Kiosk Orders